The 11 Best Electric Heated Blankets 2020 to get you warm through chilly winters
The definition of what an electric heated blanket varies from region to region. In the UK, a heated mattress set below your bed cover is called an electric blanket while in the United States, a heating sheet used above your bed spread is known as an electric heated blanket.
Nonetheless, an electric heated blanket keeps your bed and you warm during freezing winter nights. They are generally operated using a control unit through which temperature or heat levels can be adjusted.
In order to help you narrow down the choice for your heated blanket this winters we have compiled the list of 11 best electric heated blankets for you below.
The 11 Best Electric Heated Blanket 2020: Type & Reviews
1. The Sunbeam Electric Heated Blanket: Queen Size Velvet Plush
The Sunbeam Premium Soft Velvet Plush Electric Heated Blanket comes in queen size and is available in neutral beige color to match any theme of the room. The velvety texture makes the blanket soft, warm and comfortable. You can customize the temperature from 20 different temperature levels to suit your need.
It also comes with a specialized thermofine protection system which means you can safely sleep for as long as you want and the auto system will shut off once your selected level of temperature is reached.
- It has a 5 year warranty given by the company.
- Soft, smooth and warm velvety texture constructed out if pure polyester.
- It is safe to be machine washed and dried.
- Easy to navigate system.
- The auto shut off system offers protection from overheating.
- Offer a pre heating system as well.
- The blanket construction material is way too soft and smooth and can slip off the bed easily.
- The 20 heat temperature level can be complicated to navigate through.
2. Soft Heat Luxury Micro Fleece Electric Heated Blanket
Soft Heat Luxury Micro Fleece Electric Heated Blanket is a perfect idea for those who want a gentle warming effect. It is not hot at all to touch while its micro plush fiber is silky soft and smooth. This fiber safely transforms your home’s AC power to a safe lower voltage DC so you stay protected from electric shock even if water seeps into the blanket.
The blanket’s temperature levels are easy to configure from both ends of its queen size spread. The wires that carry the current are too thin to be even noticed and are conveniently spaced across so that the warming effect stretches throughout the blanket. It also harbors an auto shut off feature which instantly switches off any power current after 10 hours of use so even if you forget to turn it off this feature will keep you safe.
- The electric heated blanket includes a protective auto shut off feature that automatically switches off the power to the blanket after 10 hours of constant use.
- It uses low voltage safe DC current.
- The material is soft smooth and luxuriously micro plush.
- The control box for the blanket has an auto dimming control.
- The heat smoothly spreads across the length and width of the electric heated blanket.
- The power connecting cords are short.
- Even at the highest temperature the warming effect is not extra ordinary.
- The time require for heating is too long.
3. Biddeford 2064-9032138-535 MicroPlush Sherpa Electric Heated Blanket
The Biddeford Electric Heated Blanket is constructed out of pure polyester with a micro plush top and bottom of Sherpa. Hence, these features make it ideal to keep you warm during the cold winter nights. You can customize the settings from 10 different heating levels to adjust to the suitable temperature while the auto safety feature switches off the blanket after 10 constant hours to use. Furthermore, it is safe to be washed in machines, dryers and comes with a grand 5 year warranty.
- Harbors the auto switch off safety feature to protect from overheating.
- The connecting cords are of good enough length.
- It comes accompanied with a zipper bag hence it is easy to store during off season.
- There are sufficient heat settings to help you finalize the right temperature for you.
- The wires are visible through the soft material.
- The color of the blankets does not stand out as appear in the pictures.
4. Sunbeam Electric Heated Red and Black Plaid Blanket
This Sunbeam Red and Black Plaid Electric Heated Blanket offers a comfy smooth warm sleep throughout the freezing winter night with its exclusive micro plush construction material. It features a Thermofine protection system that automatically shuts off if the blanket has been left on for some hours. While the control box has 3 heating levels that you can customize your temperature settings with.
- It comes with a controller using which 3 heating levels can be adjusted.
- The heating automatically switches off after three hours of constant use for safety.
- It is made out of pure polyester material for smoothness.
- It can be easily washed and dried in machines.
- It has a sufficiently long power cord.
- With the limited number of heating levels the maximum warming may not be achieved.
- Narrow range of designs and colors.
5. Shavel Thermee Electric Heated Blanket
The Shavel Thermee Heated Blanket is constructed out of seven layers to provide complete warm comfort in winters. It harbors a soft wire technology that is safely wrapped in wet proof cloth with alternate polyester layer on both top and bottom sides. Then another layer of micro flannel is placed and in the end it is tailored with a fashion forward satin hem.
Hence this blanket in addition to providing warmth and comfort gives style to your room as well. It has up to 8 temperature heating levels that you can customize and a safe auto shut off system.
- It is constructed with seven comfortable layers.
- It comes with a sufficiently long power connecting cord of 16 foot
- It has a 5 year warranty.
- The construction material will not wilt or shrink in machine or dryer.
- The power cord can be bulky and difficult to pull together.
- It can be a little too big for a queen size bed.
- The lighting on control panel switches off rapidly so it is hard to navigate the panel with lights switched off.
6. Sunbeam Microplush Electric Heated Blanket: Twin Mushroom
The Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket will be shipped at 4 pounds to you while it actually weights 3.5 pounds. It is made by Sunbeam using the Royal Mink material towards one side while Sherpa on the next side. It has three temperature level settings that you can choose from to your suitable needs. It also features an auto switch off option after three hours of constant use.
- Beautiful hemming towards both sides of the blanket.
- It has a special sensor technology that enables it to be switched off once it has reached the set comfort level.
- The control box button is a bit fiddly and the heat levels can change just with a simple touch.
- It can be bulky to deal with.
- The placement of the cord integrated is in a weird spot towards the lower side.
7. The Sunbeam Microplush Electric Heated Blanket: Twin Mushroom BSM9BTS-R772-16A00
This particular model of the electric heated blanket harbors one of a kind technology with its special ComfortTec Controller that comes with a LED screen, a dimmer to adjust the brightness and control buttons. It has 2 controllers for each zone, one for you and one for the other person sharing the blanket. You can customize the heat settings from 10 different levels to your suitable temperature.
You can also enjoy its pre heat characteristic which warms up your blanket sufficiently before you decide to jump into bed. Moreover, it has the special Thermofine protection system which adjusts the temperature according to your needs and prevents overheating.
- The LED Display on the controller lets you conveniently navigate the push buttons even with lights switched off.
- It has multiple heat settings you can customize from to settle with the right one.
- You can enjoy the pre heat function before your good night’s sleep on a freezing winter night.
- The material is very thin.
- The wires are visible and can be felt from the thin material.
- The blanket does have cold spots hence the heating is pretty uneven.
8. The Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Blanket: Mushroom Queen Size
The Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Blanket offers ease, smoothness, and comfort with the most fashion forward style for your room. The velvet plush offers complete comfort for a good night’s sleep and since its made by Sunbeam, the company offers you a 5 year warranty. You can wash it safely in the machine as well.
With the exclusive wiring system, this blanket adjusts heat throughout the blanket. It has 10 varied heat settings and an optional auto-off mode. You should also get the most of your comfy sleep with one of the best Tempurpedic mattresses.
- You can avail the auto shut down option which switches off the blanket power after 10 hours of use.
- You can customize from the 10 temperature levels available.
- The velvet plush provides ultimate smoothness.
- The construction material is too soft and can slip off easily off the sheets.
- The size is not big enough.
- The material is prone to wear and tear.
9. Heated Fleece Travel Electric Heated Blanket: Trillium Worldwide
The Heated Fleece Travel Electric Heated Blanket manufactured by Trillium is available in classic red plaid design and provides sufficient warmth with minutes of being connected to 12 V power supply. This is perfect for those who are frequent travelers and always need something warm for their winter nights put of home even during camping.
It remains ideal in all kinds of weather while its big size of 58 x 42 inches is sufficient to accommodate two people inside easily.
Moreover, it comes featured with a timer which you can configure for 30 or 45 minutes after which the blanket will switch off automatically. You can also use the reset button while the temperature adjustments are automatic.
- The blanket can provide the sufficient warmth at 12 V power supply.
- It only takes a few minutes for the warmth to build up in the blanket.
- The auto shut off feature can be set for 30 or 45 minutes.
- The pre heat feature is absent in this one.
10. Sojoy Electric Heated 12 V Blanket for Travel
Sojoy Electric Heated 12 V Blanket is ideal to be used during traveling in cars, boats or even trucks. It features a smart timing characteristic with ranges of temperature that you can choose from. It is also conveniently large in size and available in the color black for an elegant outlook.
What makes Sojoy ideal for traveling is that it does not need any AC power source all you have to do is connect it with any 12 V outlet and you are good to go. You can carry it along on your camping adventures as well for the weekend and it will keep your trip nice and warm even on cold freezing winter nights.
Hence, it is the perfect traveling partner for your expeditions regardless of the weather or the type of vehicle you use while traveling.
- The blanket only requires a 12 V power supply so even any cigarette lighter socket on your car would be sufficient.
- It is totally safe to be used.
- The material is soft and made out of best quality polyester ensuring your comfort.
- The heating levels for temperature are only 3.
11. Serta Low Voltage Micro Plush Heated Blanket
Serta Low Voltage Micro Plush Blanket is a luxurious option when it comes to heated blankets. It has the special feature of providing sufficient warmth even if it is not in connection with a power source. Once the blanket is connected to a power source the blanket gets evenly heated across the length and breadth and no cold spots are left. Even when plugged off the blanket will remain warm for a good period of time.
It comes equipped with a digitalized controller which is fairly easy to navigate through and configure. The blanket is non slippery and auto adjusts the temperature of the blanket according to the user’s needs. Furthermore it has a light display so you can easily configure the options at night time and there is no need to switch on the lights to turn switch off or on the blanket.
- It is comfortable and safe to use.
- It requires only a 120 V AC power supply and ideally can be used at homes for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- The wires do not tangle and can safely be managed.
- The 12 V DC power supply will not work with this blanket.